Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

I was Number 96 at my polling place at 5.53 PM. That's not great-- it trails the turnout for the school board election last May, for example. I make no excuses for anyone else, but the only "competitive" races were for State Senate and Supreme Court. The State Senate race ended oddly: the Democrat won, but he is, at best, a flawed Democrat, with a prior conviction for election fraud. It is, I think, unlikely that he will hold the seat for long. I voted for the incumbent, who was a Democrat once, then ran for and won the seat as a Republican, then voted for the SAFE Act and marriage equality. He got primaried, lost, and ran this time on the Independence line.

The whole process felt kinda dirty, and not in a good, mucking out the stables sort of way. I'm glad that Fred Marshall and Donna Siwek won-- they are both excellent judges, but damnit, judicial elections are horrible. And stupid.

As for the rest of the country, words fail me.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?